The Wohlsein at 311 East 6th
The Wohlsein at 311 East 6th Ave and Scotia St in East Vancouver is an upcoming condo development designed by IBI and developed by Jameson Corp. The building will have a total of 110 units over 6 storeys, with the top level units having their own, large roof top decks. The building will offer a few amenities, including a common roof top deck, lounge, artist workshop, parking, storage and a bike workshop and storage.
The “Wohlsein” is one of the most clever building names I’ve seen in a while. In German, “Wohlsein” means “well being”, and when you pronounce it, it sounds like the “whole scene”, as in, you’re right in the middle of the action, and it feels good! Exactly how your home should make you feel!
- Units: 110
- Storeys: 6
- Construction: Concrete, with a brick facade
- Developer: Jameson Development
- Prices: From the high $240,000’s and up. Two bedroom units with roof top patios will be over $800,000.
- Estimated Completion: Spring 2017
- Floor Plans: Studio, 1 Bed + Flex, Small 2 Bed, 2 Bed – there are about 24 different floor plans in total
- SqFt: Ranging from 488 sqft to 931 sqft
- Deposit: 15%
- Estimated Strata Fees: 37 cents/sqft including gas and hot water
- Included: 1 Parking and 1 Storage Locker
The units in Wohlsein will have 9 foot ceilings, high quality laminate flooring, roller blinds, quartz countertops, stainless steel appliances and a modern, clean design. Like I mentioned earlier, the top floor units all have their own large roof top patios with expansive views and BBQ Hook-ups.
All the Wohlsein Floor Plans
The building is in a great location in Vancouver. It’s down the street from the soon to be finished “Shine” and “Paragon” Developments, the Whip and a few breweries are your closest bars, and Main and Broadway is only a few blocks away. The best part about this location is it’s tucked away from any of the busy streets, meaning every unit, no matter a ground floor unit or otherwise, will be fairly quiet since it won’t have to deal with road noise. The Science World Skytrain Station is a few blocks north off Main St, and just past that is the Seawall, which can take you downtown or all the way to Kitsilano.
If the proposed Broadway Skytrain Expansion passes, there will be a new station only a few blocks away at Broadway and Main.